Journey to Wild Places with Confidence
Friday, 20 November 2020
There has never been a better time to escape the crowds and explore the Southern Coastline of Australia, and Xplore Eyre is ready to welcome you back with confidence. Our Guides and passengers safety is our highest priority, and due to COVID-19, we have reviewed every aspect of our operations and adapted.
We have implemented a range of enhanced protocols as part of our ‘Safe Journeys’ program so that you can sit back, relax and enjoy the serenity.
Our Safe Journeys program is based upon the Australian Federal Government and National COVID Compliance Commission COVIDSafe Guidelines, as well as the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel Protocols for Tour Operators’.
We will continually evaluate the most up-to-date information from these sources and adapt as required, to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our passengers safe.
The key areas of our Safe Journeys program are:
Guides Training & Expertise
- All Guides have completed COVID-19 Awareness Training for both South Australia and Western Australia. Health Safety Environment Australia has designed these programs. They give our team knowledge on how to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19 and how to adapt to a “COVID-safe” way of operating.
- Our Director has participated in the National ATEC COVID Ready program.
- Tour Guides will complete a self-declaration form as part of their preparation for the tour to declare any signs of illness and will not perform duties if unwell.
- On extended tours, Guides will monitor the health and well being of passengers and themselves, ensuring if anyone becomes symptomatic while on tour, the correct protocols are followed.
- All Guides have Senior First Aid Certification and hold the required vehicle licences, permits and knowledge of the destinations that the tours operate.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Each vehicle is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of each tour, with an emphasis on high touch points and hard surfaces. On extended journeys, the vehicle is cleaned at the end of each day, ready for the next morning.
- We use Government recommended cleaning, disinfectant and sanitisation products, routines and monitoring.
- Our Guides frequently remind passengers to adopt protocols for regular hygiene practices.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and used at all times.
- Vehicle air-conditioning systems will be subject to thorough checks and increased routine cleaning to ensure the freshest air circulation supplemented with fresh air options.
Fit for Travel Declaration
Upon booking, you will be emailed a Pre-Departure Information Pack which outlines everything you need to know before your journey with Xplore Eyre. This includes information from pick up times to what to bring on the tour. It will also explain our new online check-in procedure whereby all passengers are required to complete the ‘Fit for Travel Self-declaration’, to confirm they are free from illness.
This will give you, and all fellow passengers travelling, an added level of assurance. Passengers with any symptoms of illness before travel will be requested not to travel.
Safe Journeys includes the implementation of protocols for when guests or staff become unwell during a tour. We can respond quickly and discreetly to any such event, including ensuring safe return from remote locations.
Our journeys take you to some of the most remote and pristine places in Australia, so there are limited opportunities to interact with people outside the touring group.
We have also decided to only fill our small group tours to 75% capacity, and all of our tours can be upgraded to a private experience which means you travel in a private group in an Executive 4WD.
We do ask our customers to help us by:
- Always sitting in the same seat for the duration of the tour.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when existing and exiting the vehicle.
- When entering the vehicle, passengers seated at the back go first and when exiting the vehicle, those passengers at the front exit first.
- As much as we love greeting our passengers with a handshake and often farewelling them with a hug, in these times we are limiting contact to ensure we are meeting social distancing rules.
Accommodation, Meals & Activities
Xplore Eyre works with only the best, accredited tourism businesses in the regions we operate, all who have implemented their own site-specific COVID Safe procedures.
For any food that is prepared by our Guides while on the road such as morning tea or picnic lunches, we follow Government recommendations and only use single-use equipment and provisions.
Flexible Booking Conditions
As a direct result of COVID-19, Xplore Eyre has made changes to our booking conditions and cancellation policy to give people flexibility when bookings or making changes. These are outlined in our Terms & Conditions, and we recommend reading these before booking.
Playing Your Part
While restrictions are being lifted, it is not a time to become complacent so here are a few things you can do.
- Physical distancing – help stop the spread of coronavirus by keeping your distance. Remember, don’t shake hands or exchange physical greetings. Wherever possible stay 1.5 metres apart from other people.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with warm soapy water for 30 seconds regularly. Cough and sneeze into your arm and if you use a tissue only use it once then dispose of it. Then rewash your hands.
- Know the signs – if you develop a sore throat, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, fatigue or loss of smell, please let our Guide know and seek medical advice.
- Download the COVIDSafe app – this speeds up the process for officials when contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).