at Coffin Bay on the Eyre Peninsula
1-Day Coffin Bay Tourfrom
Our Coffin Bay day tours give you a tantalising taste of South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula. Coffin Bay is Australia’s premier oyster growing destination. This 1-day tour from Port Lincoln combines the best local produce, meet-the-maker experiences, stunning coastal scenery, and wildlife encounters. Hop on board the ‘Experience Coffin Bay’ oyster lease tour in the calm waters of Coffin Bay, and enjoy a beautiful lunch at renowned restaurant ‘1802 Oyster Bar’. Take in the spectacular scenery. Our local guide will share their passion and knowledge of this world-class destination with you. Choose to travel in your own private group or join a small group tour.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Coffin Bay is Australia’s premier oyster growing destination. This day tour from Port Lincoln combines the best local produce and freshest seafood, with stunning coastal scenery. You’ll get a real ‘taste’ of the region. This part of South Australia is famed for its pure, clear waters and pristine landscape. From rugged cliffs to white sandy beaches, you won’t be able to put your camera away. However, it’s your taste buds that are in for a real treat today.
Jump onboard a cruise with ‘Experience Coffin Bay’ to taste their world-famous oysters, plucked straight from the lease. Enjoy a delectable lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar and later, enjoy tastings at beautiful Boston Bay Wines.
Meet the local characters that make our region so special during some fabulous ‘meet the maker’ experiences. Feel inspired as your local guide shares his knowledge and passion with you.
- Explore Coffin Bay National Park and its footprint-free beaches
- Engage in the ‘Experience Coffin Bay’ personalised Oyster Lease Cruise and Tastings
- Enjoy a delectable Chef’s Selection lunch at ‘1802 Oyster Bar’
- Finish the day tasting wines or enjoying a coffee and ice cream at ‘Boston Bay Wines’
- Receive a $50 discount per person when you book both this tour and the Port Lincoln Day Tour. You will have the option to add the second tour to your cart when booking direct only.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at the time of booking.
- Small group tours are operated on a coaster bus with a maximum of 20 people.
Private tours are operated in a 7-seater Executive Land Cruiser.
- Private tours require a minimum of two people or the Private Tour Single Traveller rate applies.
- Please note that cruise ship day tours have a different itinerary.
Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour.
- Local guide
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- Morning tea
- Experience Coffin Bay Oyster Lease Tour
- Lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant
- Wine tastings at Boston Bay Wines
- Pick up and drop off
Coffin Bay Day Tours depart Port Lincoln every Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. Other days on request. All year round.
Exploring Coffin Bay
Travel to the beautiful Coffin Bay National Park which features some of the most scenic coastline in South Australia. Kick-off your shoes for a stroll along deserted Almonta Beach. Enjoy morning tea served up with spectacular 360-degree views, and keep your eyes peeled for families of emus and kangaroos.
Next, it’s time for a tour highlight as you meet the makers behind Experience Coffin Bay – Chris and Linda. Soak up the pristine environment around you learn about the oyster industry on the Eyre Peninsula. Pluck fresh oysters from straight from the lease, try your hand at shucking, and finally, taste! Then you will understand why Coffin Bay Oysters are recognised as the world’s best and have been known to convert many a non-oyster eater. Cruising back towards town, sip on some local sparkling wine (at own expense) and keep your eyes peeled for the dolphins that call these waterways home.
With your taste buds wanting more, we’ll sit down for lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant. Enjoy Chef Andy’s favourite dishes sampling a range of local produce from the sea and land.
After a relaxing lunch, we’ll head back toward Port Lincoln to our final destination, the picturesque Boston Bay Wines. Here you will meet Tony and Sonia to learn about their second-generation vineyard and taste a range of premium wines. Those with a sweet tooth may swap the wine tasting for some locally made ice cream and coffee.
After an enjoyable day, we will drop you back to your Port Lincoln accommodation between 5 pm and 5.30 pm.
Looking spectacular, as always