Indigenous woman painting
Eyre’s Wild West Coast
Join us on our unforgettable Eyre Peninsula Private Tours
This 3-day tour combines exquisite seafood, breathtaking coastal scenery and world class wildlife encounters is sure to leave you fascinated, inspired and reconnected with nature. Explore the untouched regions and national parks of Port Lincoln and Streaky Bay including a 4WD’ing experience though massive sand dunes and a night at an outback Wilderness Retreat. Lovers of seafood will be right in their element with a once in a lifetime Ocean to Plate harvest experience and swimming with wild sealions and dolphins will by beyond your wildest dreams.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeFood & Wine, Nature & Wildlife
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Imagine beautiful beaches all to yourself, huge limestone cliffs that drop dramatically into the Southern Ocean and once in a lifetime wildlife encounters from the cute and cuddly koala’s of Mirkira Station to swimming with wild sealions and dolphins.
The Eyre Peninsula is known as ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ with some of the worlds most sought after seafood caught here and you will be sampling a lot of it. You’ll also have the chance to do the ultimate seafood culinary experience, the Ocean to Plate Degustation Cruise in Streaky Bay where you’ll be dining on seafood as it is being caught off the ocean floor beneath you.
We will welcome you into our home as you spend a night at Coodlie Park Wilderness Retreat, where we’ll also do some star gazing of the spectacular southern skies and spot native wildlife on a nocturnal wildlife tour. We will share passion and knowledge of this world class destination with you and show you all the hidden gems you would never otherwise find! This 3-day tour starts from your accommodation in Adelaide with all transfers and flights to Port Lincoln included.
- Enjoy Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood
- Swim with wild sealions and dolphins at beautiful Baird Bay
- Visit spectacular national parks, pristine beaches and rugged coastline
- Ocean to Plate Degustation Cruise …the ultimate seafood culinary experience
- Port Lincoln township tour
- Coodlie Park Outback Eco Retreat and evening nocturnal wildlife and stargazing tour
- 4WD’ing in massive sand dunes
- Venus Bay coastal walk
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 8.15am – arriving 9.05am and returning from Ceduna on day three at 7.25pm arriving Adelaide 8.50pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website here.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Please ensure you book your Adelaide accommodation prior to departure
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
- Sea Lions and Harvest Experience don’t operate from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months
Upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring
This tour is available to be upgraded to Xplore Eyre Plus which offer passengers your own South Australian private tour, very comfortable executive 4WDs, 4.5 star accommodation and optional extras included for an extra $1055pp which you can choose as an “Extra” add on at time of booking.
- Flights – Adelaide to Port Lincoln and Ceduna to Adelaide
- Accommodation – 1 night Port Lincoln Hotel & 1 night Coodlie Park Farm Retreat
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there are two optional extra experiences not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Departs Adelaide every second Monday all year round.
Adelaide to Port Lincoln
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation bright and early to catch your 8.15am flight to Port Lincoln which arrives 45 minutes later. Your local guide will pick you up at Port Lincoln Airport and take you to drop your luggage off at the Port Lincoln Hotel where they will give you an overview of what exciting things area ahead.
After enjoying a delicious lunch at the Port Lincoln Marina we’ll explore Port Lincoln township and its surrounds including Lincoln National Park, Wanna Beach and sand dunes and Whalers Way Conservation Park, the oldest rocks in South Australia. Then we’ll head to Mikkira Station where you will find yourself surrounded by wild koalas leaving you feeling warm and fuzzy. We’ll head back into town to have a tantalising dinner at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
Coffin Bay, Baird’s Bay & Coodlie Park
Its an early start as we travel the 250km of stunning outback and coastal scenery of the wild West Coast of the Eyre Peninsula. We’ll have many stops along the way including stunning Coffin Bay then heading to Baird’s Bay where you have the Optional Experience and once in a lifetime opportunity of swimming with Australian Sealions and dolphins on a 3 hour cruise. Head out into the calm waters with the puppy dogs of the sea splashing, twisting, and twirling all around you. The magical bottle nose dolphins won’t disappoint either.
If the sea lions are not operating in winter then we tailor make your afternoon to suit you. Head to Point Lavatte to witness the only mainland sea lion colony in Australia, do some 4WD’ing through the huge sand dunes of Lake Newland Conservation Park or simply relax on the beach.
Then its back to our home Coodlie Park Wilderness Retreat where you’ll join us for a family dinner before we head out on a Nocturnal Wildlife and Stargazing Tour giving you a chance to see the beautiful southern skies and get up close and personal with native wildlife while it’s at its most active.
Today we travel about 300km and tonight you’ll sleep in a fully self-contained cottage at our home Coodlie Park.
Streaky Bay & Ceduna to Adelaide
Today we’ll enjoy breakfast at Coodlie Park then head to Streaky Bay 88km down the road to join the crew on board ’Asherah’ for a tantalising seafood culinary experience in its most pure and natural form. Throughout the 5-hour cruise, produce is harvested directly from the ocean floor in various locations within the bay. Passengers are given the opportunity to join the skipper and crew in this ’hunter-gatherer’ experience, diving for abalone, shucking oysters, catching fish from the back of the vessel.
Each component of your catch is then prepared onboard by the crew and presented as an array of delectable canapés, selectively paired with local wines. This incredible experience is destined to unleash the true flavours of the Seafood Frontier and is an optional experience we highly recommend.
If the cruise is not operating for any reason or passengers do not want to do this optional experience we will instead explore the Point Labatt Sealions colony, the Westall Way coastal tour and Cape Bauer Loop taking in stunning scenery and some light bushwalking follow by a luncheon at the seaside town of Streaky Bay.
As your journey draws to an end we will travel to Ceduna and enjoy a beach sunset, shuck some fresh oysters and take in one last magnificent Eyre Peninsula sunset before boarding your 7.25pm flight back to Adelaide. Your airport transfer will have you arriving back to your Adelaide accommodation at approximately 9.30pm.
People shucking oysters in Oyster Farm Tours Coffin Bay on Eyre Peninsula
Fresh oysters from the sea at Coffin Bay on Eyre Peninsula
Cute wild Koala at Mikkira Station
Talia Caves Eyre Peninsula