Feet at lookout in Flinders Ranges National Park South Australia
Flinders Ranges & Eyre Peninsula Explorer
This five-day tour combines two of South Australia’s most pristine and iconic regions, each offering their own diverse experiences and landscapes. Spend two days exploring one of Australia’s ‘National Landscapes’ the 540-million-year-old Flinders Ranges. Feeling inspired and reconnected with nature then head to Australia’s Seafood Frontier – The Eyre Peninsula. Here you’ll be delighted by once in a lifetime wildlife and foodie experiences. This all-inclusive tour from Adelaide has it all with spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife, indigenous culture and accommodation at two award-winning properties.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
So unique are the fossils found in the Flinders Ranges, geologists had to revise the geologic time-line of the Earth’s history, identifying a new era called the Ediacaran period! Two days exploring this magical landscape, the more secrets you reveal, providing a glimpse into the history of time. Experience rich indigenous culture, breathtaking gorges, abundant wildlife the incredible natural amphitheatre of Wilpena Pound, which you can also take a scenic flight over.
From the ancient Flinders Ranges to the seafood capital of Australia, Port Lincoln. The Eyre Peninsula region is known as ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ and lovers of seafood will be right in their element with some incredible once in a lifetime, foodie experiences on offer. The scenery is diverse and spectacular. From the pristine beaches of the Coffin Bay National Park to the rugged coastlines of Whalers Way.
Lovers of wildlife will be thrilled by the koalas at Mikkira Station but it is the aquatic wildlife the Eyre Peninsula is world renowned for. Swimming with wild sea lions on a half-day cruise is guaranteed to be one of the best days of your life and for those looking for the ultimate adrenalin rush you can choose the optional experience of shark cage diving with great whites.
- The 800-million-year-old landscape of the Southern Flinders Ranges
- 4WDing and bushwalking tours through the Flinders Ranges and its many gorges
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood and harvest experiences
- Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise around Port Lincoln
- Indigenous cultural experience at Port Augusta Wadlatta Cultural Centre
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- The pristine white sandy beaches of Coffin Bay National Park
- 4WDing in the Wanna Beach Sand Dunes
- Shark cage Diving with Great Whites (OE)
- Scenic Flight over the Flinders Ranges (OE)
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Port Lincoln on day five at 5.05pm arriving Adelaide 6.10pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour.
- Sea Lions don’t run from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months.
Upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring
If you want to take your journey to the next level this tour is available to be upgraded to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring which offers you your own private tour and expert guide, 4.5 star accommodation, premium meals and some optional extras included. To book this package you choose the Xplore Eyre Private Upgrade for $1400pp as an extra at time of booking.
Included in this tour
- Flight – Port Lincoln to Adelaide
- Accommodation – 1 night Rawnsley Park Eco Villas Flinders Ranges and 3 nights at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- All entry fees, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- All meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food, entry fees and national park fees, there are some optional extra experiences not included in the price, that we leave up to you to decide if you’d like to do or not.
- Sunset on the Chace – Flinders Ranges
- Flinders Ranges Scenic Flight
- Swim with Sea Lions
- Shark Cage Diving
Departs Adelaide every second Saturday all year round.
Adelaide to Flinders Ranges
It will be an early start with your expert guide picking you up at your Adelaide accommodation and giving you an overview of all the great things ahead. We’ll head out of the city through the picturesque Clare Valley with a stop off at the Port Augusta Wadlatta Cultural Centre for indigenous culture and history on this 800-million-year-old region. Soon you’ll be struck by the spectacular beauty of the landscape as we head into the Southern Flinders Ranges for an amazing bushwalk through Alligator Gorge.
After lunch, we head to Warren Gorge to spot the endangered yellow footed rock wallabies and then to Rawnsley Park Station. Here you may have an Optional Extra Experience of ‘Sunset on the Chace Range’, enjoying a glass of sparkling wine and gourmet canapés whilst watching a spectacular Flinders Ranges sunset.
Feeling reconnected with nature its back to the Woolshed Restaurant for an evening meal and then to Rawnsley Park Eco Villa’s which are tucked away in a secluded spot with breathtaking views. These eco-villas offer the ultimate Flinders Ranges accommodation experience with their retractable ceiling offering night-sky viewing from the comfort of your bed.
Today we travel approximately 440km.
Flinders Ranges to Port Lincoln
After your night of star gazing the stunning southern skies, it will be up for breakfast followed by an inspiring guided walk in the magnificent Wilpena Pound. Then we’ll take a 4WD tour to explore more than 800 million years of geological history in the “Corridor Through Time” and marvel at the rugged beauty of Brachina and Bunyeroo Gorges.
You’ll then have the incredible Optional Extra Experience of taking to the air above this ancient landscape on a 45-minute scenic flight.
Its time to say farewell to the Flinders Ranges and head to the Seafood Capital of Australia – the Eyre Peninsula and its hub Port Lincoln.
Today we’ll travel about 480km and you’ll check in to your overnight award-winning accommodation at the Port Lincoln Hotel and have your first taste of the Eyre Peninsula at our evening meal.
After breakfast and a look around the Port Lincoln Marina we’ll board the Electric Boat Tesla Marina Cruise. This is followed by a tantalising lunch of local seafood harvest at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
With a full tummy, its time to explore the pristine surrounds of Port Lincoln, travelling to Whalers Way, the oldest rocks in South Australia that feature magnificent views of rugged and raw coastline. Next it’s off to Mikkira Station, the home of the Eyre Peninsula koalas where you will be able to get up close and personal with these little cuties in their own environment.
After a day of exploring we’ll enjoy dinner at the Port Lincoln Marina and have a good nights sleep back at the Port Lincoln Hotel.
(Optional Sea lions) Today we have an early morning start to do one of the best interactive wildlife experiences in Australia, swimming with the playful Australian sealions. This is a half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim, snorkel, paddle and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals and if you’re lucky you might even get a kiss! If you prefer to stay on dry land we offer an alternative itinerary exploring the best of the lower Eyre Peninsula including a some 4WD͛ing in the Wanna Sand Dunes. After lunch we’ll hit to road travelling to Coffin Bay to have the unique harvest experience of the Coffin Bay Oyster Tour, the only one of its kind in Australia. Here you’ll learn about the oyster industry and feast on the fresh pacific oysters you have collected yourself straight out of the ocean. Then it͛s back to Port Lincoln where we’ll be settling in for another great evening meal and local wine.
Lower Eyre Peninsula
(Optional Shark Cage Dive) Today you have two very different itinerary experiences to choose from. If you are seeking some adventure on your visit to the Eyre Peninsula, you can opt to do the once in a lifetime experience of cage diving with Great White Sharks. This is a full day tour and one heck of an adrenalin experience that you will never forget! If you’d rather do more exploring on land, we will have a full day ahead including visiting the pristine Coffin Bay National Park and having some up close and personal wildlife encounters at Lincoln