Xplore Eyre Tour passenger enjoying the view of the Great Australian Bight
Head of Bight Ocean & Outback
The Nullarbor and The Great Australian Bight will be beyond all of your expectations as you are amazed by remote national parks, the real Aussie outback of the Nullarbor and the ultimate coastal scenery of the “Edge of Australia”. Experience the aquatic wildlife of the Great Australian Bight Marine Park and during whale migration from July to September see hundreds of Southern Right Whales with their young. All topped off with world class seafood of Australia’s Seafood Frontier – The Eyre Peninsula.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeNature & Wildlife, Outback
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
This 3-day tour showcases the spectacular coastline of the Great Australian Bight and the outback of the Nullarbor. See abundant wildlife including the aquatic variety with memorable encounters with Southern Right Whales from the land, sea and air from July – September.
While the Nullarbor Plain borders much of the length of the Bight’s coastline The Great Australian Bight or The Edge of Australia as we call it, is the longest continuous limestone cliff coast line in the Southern Hemisphere. This is a place that takes our breath away every single time we stop there and watching passengers experience this for the first time is one of the best things about doing we what do.
Your local guide will share their knowledge of the area, take you 4WD’ing through huge sand dunes and teach you how to do beach fishing. Or take some time out for yourself and relax on the pristine beaches just taking it all in.
- Feel the remoteness of the real outback wilderness of The Nullarbor Plain
- Experience the ‘Edge of Australia’ – The Great Australian Bight
- 4WD’ing in Fowlers Bay Sand dunes & stunning Acraman’s Creek
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood and harvest experiences
- Cruise in the Great Australian Bight Marine Park to witness the majestic Sothern Right Whales and other aquatic wildlife
- Scenic flight over the Head of Bight (OE)
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 8.15am – arriving Ceduna at 9.05am. Returning from Ceduna on day three at 5.05pm arriving Adelaide 6.10pm.
- This tour does operate all year around but the Whales Watching experiences are only available from July to September
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
- Flights – Adelaide to Ceduna return
- Accommodation – 2 nights at the Flowers Bay Holiday Units
- All entry fee’s, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food, entry fees and national park fees, there are some optional extra experiences not included in the price, that we leave up to you to decide if you’d like to do or not.
Departs Adelaide every second Thursday all year round.
Adelaide to Ceduna
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation bright and early to catch your 8.15am flight to Ceduna which arrives 45 minutes later. Your local guide will pick you up and give you an overview of what exciting things are to come! We’ll start your journey by exploring Denial Bay where you’ll learn about the oyster industry and sample some fresh produce. Then we’ll get a little bit adventurous doing some 4WD’ing at Acraman’s Creek before we travel to the most iconic surfing spot in South Australia, Cactus Beach.
Today we’ll drive 150km and tonight stay in the stunning Fowlers Bay to check into your self-contained accommodation at the Fowler Bay Holiday Units.
Whale Cruise or National Parks
This morning we’ll enjoy breakfast on foreshore before boarding the Fowlers Bay Whale & Oceanic Cruise to witness the great spectacle of the Southern Right Whales sheltering with their young in the waters of the Great Australian Bight Marine Park. This cruise often includes sightings of humpback whales, dolphins, sea lions, Little Penguins and birdlife.
If the Whale Cruise is not operating we’ll take in the beauty of the rugged Eyre Peninsula, do some 4WD’ing, explore National Parks and an iconic outback roadhouse. We’ll walk footprint free beaches, sample the local seafood and even try your hand at surf fishing.
We’ll make our way back to Fowlers Bay and cook the catch of the day.
The Head of Bight
This morning its up bright and early to take in the jaw dropping beauty of the Head of Bight. From this incredible lookout on the Great Australian Bight we’ll spot some more whales and simply take in the view of this what is Australia’s ultimate coastal lookout.
From the sea to the air, next we highly recommend the Optional Extra Experience of the 45-minute Scenic Flight over the Great Australian Bight and inspiring Bunda Cliffs where you’ll also be able to again spot 100 or so southern right whales, as well as the spectacular scenery of the outback of the Nullarbor.
As your tour draws to and end we’ll experience true Australian outback heading inland to see some limestone karst caves of The Nullarbor before returning back to Ceduna and boarding your flight. Your Adelaide transfer will have you back to Adelaide accommodation at 9pm.