Stunning coastal scenery on the Eyre Peninsula near Port Lincoln
Kangaroo Island & Eyre Peninsula Explorer
We have partnered up with multi award winning tour operator Exceptional Kangaroo Island to bring you the ultimate South Australian travel package. Combine the pristine wilderness of Kangaroo Island and the rugged beauty and spectacular seafood of The Eyre Peninsula. This all-inclusive tour from Adelaide has it all with spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife, unique food and wine experiences and accommodation at two award winning properties.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeNature & Wildlife
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
This five-day tour combines two of South Australia’s most pristine and iconic regions, each offering their own diverse experiences and landscapes. Spend two days exploring the pristine wilderness of Kangaroo Island. From the Flinders Chase National Park to the iconic Remarkable Rocks where you’ll marvel at the dramatic seascapes and coastal rock formations. Kangaroo Island is often referred to as a natural zoo and you will feel as if you are at one with many wildlife encounters. Seal Bay Conservation Park is the only place in the world where you can walk among endangered Australian sea lions. You’ll also enjoy the delicious local wine and produce of the area.
Feeling inspired and reconnected with nature you’ll then head to Australia’s Seafood Frontier – The Eyre Peninsula. Here you’ll be delighted by once in a lifetime wildlife and foodie experiences. The scenery is diverse and spectacular. From the pristine beaches of the Coffin Bay National Park to the rugged coastlines of Whalers Way.
Lovers of wildlife will be thrilled by the koala’s at Mikkira Station but it is the aquatic wildlife the Eyre Peninsula is world renowned for. Swimming with wild sealions on a half day cruise is guaranteed to be one of the best days of your life and for those looking for the ultimate adrenalin rush you can choose the optional experience of Shark Cage diving with Great Whites.
- Flinders Chase National Park – a wilderness covering nearly 200,000 acres.
- Cape du Couedic visit a fur seal colony frolicking in the surf under Admirals Arch
- Seal Bay Conservation Park walk with your guide amongst sea lions on a beautiful sandy beach
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood and harvest experiences
- Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise around Port Lincoln
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tour and feast of fresh pacific oysters
- Shark cage Diving with Great Whites (OE)
- The Kangaroo Island part of this package is operated by Exceptional Kangaroo Island Tours
- Adelaide to Kangaroo Island flights are operated by Rex Airlines and depart Adelaide for Kangaroo Island at 8.00am. Rex also operate your return Port Lincoln to Adelaide flight on day five which departs at 5.05pm arriving Adelaide 6.10pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- The Kangaroo Island to Port Lincoln charter flight is on a 7 seater aircraft operated by Lincoln Air Charters and takes about one hour, departing late afternoon. Strict luggage restrictions apply of 15kg maximum.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking
- Sea Lions don’t run from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months
- Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring is for a minimum of 2 pax however in the event a person wants to travel solo they will be given the option to pay the Single Supplement rate
- Our tours require a minimum of two people to operate and in the unlikely event we only have one person confirmed we have some other options available. Firstly, a Single Supplement fee is offered to run the tour with only one person. Secondly, we reserve the right to cancel the tour and arrange an alternative operator (if possible). If the alternative is not suitable we will refund your tour price in full. Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
Upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring
If you want to take your journey to the next level this tour is available to be upgraded to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring which offers you your own private tour and expert guide, 4.5 star accommodation, premium meals and some optional extras included. To book this package you choose the Xplore Eyre Private Upgrade for $2,200pp as an extra at time of booking.
- Flights – Adelaide to Port Lincoln return and Adelaide to Kangaroo Island return. Please note there is an option of taking a private charter sunset flight direct from KI to PL.
- Accommodation – 1 night at Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge and 3 nights at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- All entry fee’s, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there are some two optional extra experiences not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Departs Adelaide every second Saturday all year round.
Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
This all-inclusive tour starts from your Adelaide accommodation with transfers to the airport to catch your early morning flight to Kangaroo Island. Your ‘Exceptional Kangaroo Island’ guide will pick you up from the airport and share information and knowledge on this unique and pristine region.
Explore the diverse landscapes of Kangaroo Island from the Cygnet River Valley on the north coast across the central plateau and down to the rugged South Coast. Walk quietly through the bush with your guide and learn about some of the unique Island plants.
Enjoy a delicious lunch in a private bush setting featuring some of the Island’s fresh produce including local fish, salads and fine wines before continuing to the South Coast. Walk amongst sea lions on a beautiful sandy beach at Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Tonight you’ll stay at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge and enjoy a delicious dinner of local produce.
It will be up early today to explore more of Kangaroo Island’s highlights and lesser known backtracks of Flinders Chase National Park. See a large array of wildlife species such as kangaroos, wallabies, possums, goannas, echidnas, koalas, platypus and many birds including rare Cape Barren Geese.
At Cape du Couedic visit a fur seal colony and see the amazing rock formations of Admirals Arch and The Remarkable Rocks, huge natural granite sculptures that have been carved by relentless winds, rain and salt from the Southern Ocean.
Our picnic lunch today features great local wines and produce before exploring more of the Island. Depending upon the season, the afternoon might include a visit to “Grassdale” in the heart of Kelly Hill Conservation Park, the secluded pools of the Rocky River or a rugged South Coast cove
As your time on Kangaroo Island comes to an end the guide will drop you to Kingscote airport to get your connecting to Port Lincoln via Adelaide or bypass Adelaide with a private charter sunset flight direct to Port Lincoln.
A airport transfer will take you from the Port Lincoln Airport to your accommodation for the next 2 nights at the award-winning Port Lincoln Hotel where you will enjoy an evening meal.
Adelaide to Port Lincoln
Your local guide will pick you up at the Port Lincoln Hotel where he will give you an overview of what exciting things are to come! Then comes your first ‘taste’ of the Eyre Peninsula, boarding the Electric Boat Tesla Marina cruise. This is followed by a tantalising lunch of local seafood harvest at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
With a full tummy we’ll then travel to Whalers Way, the oldest rocks in South Australia that feature magnificent views of rugged and raw coastline and next it’s off to Mikkira Station, the home of the Eyre Peninsula koalas. After a day of exploring we’ll enjoy dinner at the Port Lincoln Marina.
(Optional Sea lions) Today we have an early morning start to do one of the best interactive wildlife experiences in Australia, swimming with the playful Australian sealions. This is a half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim, snorkel, paddle and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals and if you’re lucky you might even get a kiss! If you prefer to stay on dry land we offer an alternative itinerary exploring the best of the lower Eyre Peninsula including a some 4WD͛ing in the Wanna Sand Dunes. After lunch we’ll hit to road travelling to Coffin Bay to have the unique harvest experience of the Coffin Bay Oyster Tour, the only one of its kind in Australia. Here you’ll learn about the oyster industry and feast on the fresh pacific oysters you have collected yourself straight out of the ocean. Then it͛s back to Port Lincoln where we’ll be settling in for another great evening meal and local wine.
Lower Eyre Peninsula
(Optional Shark Cage Dive) Today you have two very different itinerary experiences to choose from. If you are seeking some adventure on your visit to the Eyre Peninsula, you can opt to do the once in a lifetime experience of cage diving with Great White Sharks. This is a full day tour and one heck of an adrenalin experience that you will never forget! If you’d rather do more exploring on land, we will have a full day ahead including visiting the pristine Coffin Bay National Park and having some up close and personal wildlife encounters at Lincoln
National Park and Glen Forest Wildlife Park. We’ll also learn about the history and culture of the area visiting a number of local museums and art galleries and then it͛s time to relax doing some wine and craft beer tastings at local vineyards and breweries. As we come to the end of your journey we’ll enjoy some fresh oysters and local wine on a deserted and pristine beach, taking in the magnificent scenery of the Eyre Peninsula one last time before we drop you back to the airport for your flight back to Adelaide at approximately 7.40pm. Your transfer back to your Adelaide accommodation will be organised where you should arrive back at approximately 9pm.