on sumptuous seafood
3-Day Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay Tourfrom
Including return flights from Adelaide.
The Best of Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay —
South Australia’s best food and wine tour.
This 3-day Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay tour combines local produce, wildlife, culture and spectacular scenery. Journey from Adelaide to ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’. Join a small group tour with up to 7 people. Or upgrade to travel in your own private group.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Combining local produce, wildlife, culture and spectacular scenery, this 3-day tour from Adelaide of ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ will give you a real taste of Port Lincoln and the pristine regions surrounding it.
Lovers of seafood will be right in their element with foodie experiences such as the unique Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour. Nature lovers will be thrilled by the koalas at Mikkira Station and the opportunity to swim with sea lions.
The scenery of the Eyre Peninsula is diverse and spectacular. From the pristine beaches of the Coffin Bay National Park to the rugged coastlines of Whalers Way. Your local guide will share their passion and knowledge of this world-class destination with you. They’ll show you all the hidden gems you might never otherwise find.
- Feast on the world’s most delectable oysters on the Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour
- Tantalise your taste buds visiting a boutique winery, brewery and coffee company
- Relax on an Electric Boat Cruise around Port Lincoln Marina
- Get up close and personal with wild koalas at Mikkira Station
- Walk the footprint-free white sandy beaches of Coffin Bay National Park
- Dine in many of the region’s best restaurants tasting world-class local produce
- Be wowed by the rugged beauty of Whalers Way and Lincoln National Park
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half-day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 7 am – arriving at 7.50 am. And returning from Port Lincoln on day three at 6.25 pm – arriving Adelaide at 7.10 pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex has a 15 kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7 kg carry-on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance, please visit their website.
- Rates are based on Twin/Double Share. If you are on a group tour and travelling solo, you need to pay the Single Supplement rate for your own room. This fee will come up as an Extra during the booking process so please add this to your cart.
- Private tours require a minimum of two people or a Private Tour Single Traveller rate applies.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, but please advise at the time of booking.
- Our tours require a minimum of two people to operate, and in the unlikely event, we only have one person confirmed we have some other options available. Firstly, a Single Traveller fee is offered to run the tour with only one person. Secondly, we reserve the right to cancel the tour and arrange an alternative operator (if possible). If the alternative is not suitable, we will refund your tour price in full.
- Changes to Itinerary: Our experienced guides will tailor activities on seasonal conditions throughout the year to maximise your experience and enjoyment. Any deviation from this itinerary will be made with serious consideration and passengers’ best interest and safety as our number one priority.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions before booking your tour.
- Flights – Adelaide to Port Lincoln return
- Accommodation – 2 nights at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- All meals and some beverages
- All entry fees, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra (OE)
- Coffin Bay Oyster Experience
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there is one optional extra experience not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Our 3-Day Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay Tour departs Adelaide every Tuesday and other days on request.
Adelaide to Port Lincoln
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation by private vehicle bright and early to catch your flight to Port Lincoln. Your local guide will greet you at the airport and give you an overview of what exciting things are to come, over a coffee. After a little exploring around Port Lincoln, you will enjoy a tantalising lunch of local seafood harvest at the Marina Hotel Restaurant.
With a full tummy, board the ’Tesla’, a unique electric canal cruiser. Enjoy a tranquil cruise around Port Lincoln’s Marina and learn about Australia’s largest commercial fishing fleet. Explore some stunning coastline at Sleaford Bay and Whalers Way, before visiting Mikkira Station, home of a wild koala population where you can get some fantastic photos. After a full day of exploring its time to relax and enjoy dinner at the award-winning restaurant, Del Giorno’s.
Port Lincoln & Surrounds (or Optional Sea Lions Experience)
This morning you have the choice between two entirely different itineraries. Option one is one of the best interactive wildlife experiences in Australia, swimming with playful Australian sea lions. This half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln is an Optional Extra and at only $215 is guaranteed to be one of the best wildlife encounters you ever have.
If you prefer to stay on dry land, you’ll start the day exploring the breathtakingly beautiful Lincoln National Park. Enjoy morning tea at Stamford Hill after an invigorating climb, and visit Cape Donnington and the pristine beaches and lookouts on offer. Then it’s back to Port Lincoln for lunch at the iconic Fresh Fish Place.
No matter which option you choose in the morning, the afternoon looks like this. Visit Boston Bay Wines for tastings and Glen Forest Tourist Park for up close and personal wildlife encounters and a little more wine tasting at Lincoln Estate. After another full day, it’s time to settle in for a great evening meal and local wine at Sarin’s Restaurant at the Port Lincoln Hotel.
Coffin Bay (or Optional Great White Shark Experiences)
Today is a foodie’s dream day. Explore the pristine Coffin Bay National Park famed for its white sandy beaches and enjoy morning tea at the beautiful Yangie Bay picnic area. Following this, you will have a unique harvest experience on the Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour. Put on some waders and sit down at a semi-submerged ’Salt Water Pavilion’ located at their working commercial Oyster Lease. Feast on the world’s most sought-after oysters plucked straight out of the ocean.
Enjoy Chef Andy’s favourite dishes sampling a range of local produce from the sea and land at the 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant. On the way back into town, visit a hidden secret for a sweet treat and caffeine hit. Enjoy a lovely walk along the foreshore before a visit to the Eyre Peninsula’s very own boutique brewery, Beer Garden Brewing. Get ready for your final taste sensation, enjoying some locally brewed beers, and wood-fired pizza.
As we come to the end of your journey, your guide will drop you back to the airport for your return flight to Adelaide. Your airport transfer back to your Adelaide accommodation will be organised, which will have you arriving back to your hotel at approximately 8 pm.