Fresh oysters from the sea at Coffin Bay on Eyre Peninsula
The Best of Port Lincoln & Coffin Bay
Combining food, wildlife and spectacular scenery, this 3-day tour from Adelaide of ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ will give you a real taste of Port Lincoln and the pristine regions surrounding it. Lovers of seafood will be right in their element with some once in a lifetime foodie experiences and there are many interactive wildlife experiences such as the opportunity swim with wild sealions. The Eyre Peninsula is guaranteed to leave you breathless, fascinated, inspired, and wondering why you hadn’t come sooner.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeFood & Wine, Nature & Wildlife
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
There is a good reason the Eyre Peninsula is known as ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ and lovers of seafood will be right in their element with some incredible once in a lifetime, foodie experiences on offer. This 3-day tour starts from your accommodation in Adelaide with all transfers and flights to Port Lincoln included, as well as accommodation in the award-winning Port Lincoln Hotel.
Port Lincoln is the seafood capital of Australia with the seafood from these waters some of the most sought-after in the world. You will be sampling a lot of it including having the opportunity to harvest your own oysters in the beautiful seaside town of Coffin Bay.
Lovers of wildlife will be thrilled by the koala’s at Mikkira Station and abundant wildlife such as kangaroos, emus and birdlife, but it is the aquatic wildlife the Eyre Peninsula is world renowned for. Swimming with wild sealions on a half day cruise is guaranteed to be one of the best days of your life and for those looking for the ultimate adrenalin rush you can choose the optional experience of Shark Cage diving with Great Whites.
The scenery of the Eyre Peninsula is diverse and spectacular. From the pristine beaches of the Coffin Bay National Park to the rugged coastlines of Whalers Way, your local guide will share passion and knowledge of this world class destination with you and show you all the hidden gems you would never otherwise find!
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood and harvest experiences
- Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise around Port Lincoln
- Delicious local produce meals and local wines
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- Mikkira Station – cute and cuddly Eyre Peninsula koalas
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tour and feast of fresh pacific oysters you have harvested yourself
- The pristine white sandy beaches of Coffin Bay National Park
- The rugged beauty of Whalers Way Conservation Park
- Shark cage Diving with Great Whites (OE)
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 8.15am – arriving 9.05am and returning from Port Lincoln on day three at 5.05pm arriving Adelaide 6.10pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Please ensure you book your Adelaide accommodation prior to departure
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
- Sea Lions don’t run from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months
Upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring
If you want to take your journey to the next level this tour is available to be upgraded to Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring which offers you your own private tour and expert guide, 4.5 star accommodation, premium meals and some optional extras included. To book this package you choose the Xplore Eyre Private Upgrade for $955pp as an extra at time of booking.
- Flights – Adelaide to Port Lincoln return
- Accommodation – 2 nights at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- All entry fee’s, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- Coffin Bay Oyster Experience
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there are two optional extra experiences not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Departs Adelaide every second Monday all year round.
Adelaide to Port Lincoln
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation bright and early to catch your 8.15am flight to Port Lincoln which arrives 45 minutes later. Your local guide will pick you up at Port Lincoln Airport and take you to drop your luggage off at the Port Lincoln Hotel where he will give you an overview of what exciting things are to come! Then comes your first ‘taste’ of the Eyre Peninsula, boarding the Electric Boat Tesla Marina cruise. This is followed by a tantalising lunch of local seafood harvest at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
With a full tummy we’ll then travel to Whalers Way, the oldest rocks in South Australia that feature magnificent views of rugged and raw coastline and next it’s off to Mikkira Station, the home of the Eyre Peninsula koalas. After a day of exploring we’ll enjoy dinner at the Port Lincoln Marina.
Today we’ll hit to road travelling to Coffin Bay to have the unique harvest experience of the Coffin Bay Oyster Tour, the only one of its kind in Australia. Here you’ll learn about the oyster industry and feast on the fresh pacific oysters you have collected yourself straight out of the ocean. After lunch we’ll explore the pristine Coffin Bay National Park before heading back to Port Lincoln to spot some native wildlife at Lincoln National Park and do some 4WD’ing in the Wanna Beach Sand dunes. Then we’ll be settling in for another great evening meal and local wine.
— OR —
Optional full day – Cage Dive with Great White Sharks
If you are seeking some adventure on your visit to the Eyre Peninsula then on Day 2 you can opt to do the once in a lifetime experience of cage diving with Great White Sharks instead of Coffin Bay.
Port Lincoln is the only place in Australia you can have this extreme adrenalin experience and there are two companies we recommend. Each has a slightly differently approach and you’ll find more information about this optional experience here.
Port Lincoln & Surrounds
Today we have an early morning start to do one of the best interactive wildlife experiences in Australia, swimming with the playful Australian sealions. This is a half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim, snorkel, paddle and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals and if you’re lucky you might even get a kiss!
If you’d rather stay on dry land we will tailor make your morning for you to include thing things you like to do most. That might be to explore some more beautiful local scenery, go bushwalking, go fishing, head to some boutique wineries or simply relax on the beach.
As we come to the end of your journey we’ll enjoy some fresh oysters and local wine on a deserted and pristine beach, taking in the magnificent scenery of the Eyre Peninsula one last time before we drop you back to the airport for your flight back to Adelaide at approximately 5pm. Your transfer back to your Adelaide accommodation will be organised where you should arrive back at approximately 7.30pm.
Coastal scenery on the Eyre Peninsula tours
People shucking oysters in Oyster Farm Tours Coffin Bay on Eyre Peninsula
Lighthouse Eyre Peninsula South Australia.
Couple walking through Boston Estate Winery Port Lincoln